Odd Outpost colonization fail in [5916] , [5919] and [5922]

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Odd Outpost colonization fail in [5916] , [5919] and [5922]

#1 Post by Dilvish »

I built an outpost base in my home system, set it to colonize a GG, and next turn got a successful colonization message, but no colony! I can't recall running into this before. The attached gamefile was created in [5916] and the fail repeats 100% both in that version and if loaded into [5919] or [5922]. In the attached server log, you can see that the server did assign ownership at first, and still reports ownership as mine after its meter updating round, but then when reporting status after clamping, ownership has reverted to -1 (without any mention of anything in between). Before and after this, invasion and regular colonization worked fine.
OutpostFail.png
OutpostFail.png (219.02 KiB) Viewed 482 times
Attachments
freeoriond.log.zip
(547.21 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
OutpostBaseWillFail.sav.zip
(360.56 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Odd Outpost colonization fail in [5916] , [5919] and [5

#2 Post by Dilvish »

I also just tried running a few more turns in [5922], attempting to outpost again at that same location, and a GG in a different system, and an Asteroids in a different system, and all of those outpost attempts failed in the same way.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Odd Outpost colonization fail in [5916] , [5919] and [5

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

It's related to this commit.

Edit: should be fixed.