4.3(6257)

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
yorev
Space Floater

4.3(6257)

#1 Post by yorev »

i m hunting cosmic dragon which are a plague ^^

so i gathered a huge fleet, unfortunetly on an experimentator's planet

so:
the links between stars have disapeared
part of my fleet on the way turn rogue
as there are no anymore links between planets my fleets on the way are freezed
a very large amount of mounsters have appeared on the left in fact no where

funny bug you should remove this experimentator thing
ecran1.JPG
ecran1.JPG (225.1 KiB) Viewed 1285 times

Bigjoe5
Designer and Programmer

Re: 4.3(6257)

#2 Post by Bigjoe5 »

The rogue ships are due to the Psionic Snowflake taking them over, and the disappearing starlanes are an intentional effect of the Experimentors. I'm not clear on exactly what's going on with the ships showing up in the middle of nowhere, but I expect that there are bugs with fleets that are on starlanes, or that have a move path through starlanes at a time when a starlane is destroyed, which is something that should be fixed, regardless of whether or not Experimentors are left in the game.
Warning: Antarans in dimensional portal are closer than they appear.

Cluesen
Space Floater

#3 Post by Cluesen »

There is a bug in the definition of the Gaia special causing Gaian planets that were created at game setup to be destroyed in turn 0.
See specials.txt [r6358] line 522-526 .

[edit]
... found one more ...
There is a bug in the building Collective Thought Network.
The radius within ship travel disrupts the effect was lowered from 500uus to 200uus.
However it was only lowered for the production bonus, not for the research bonus.
See buildings.txt [r6358] line 561 & 574 .
[/edit]
The beauty of travel is visiting foreign countries and meeting new people.
G.Khan

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#4 Post by Dilvish »

Cluesen wrote:There is a bug in the definition of the Gaia special causing Gaian planets that were created at game setup to be destroyed in turn 0.
See specials.txt [r6358] line 522-526 .
That clause does look strange, but I'm also pretty sure it's not destroying Gaia planets. The stackinggroup prevents it from applying to any object which the previous clause applied to (which normally should be all objects with the Gaia special). The clause has been there for at least quite a while, and I've recently observed gaia planets just fine. I suspect it's just leftover from something, or perhaps it was intended to somehow act as a safeguard.

Did you actually observe anything ingame that suggested there was a problem with this?
There is a bug in the building Collective Thought Network...
Good catch, thanks, I just fixed it.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Cluesen
Space Floater

#5 Post by Cluesen »

Meanwhile i tested the Gaia special without the effectsgroup mentioned above, it defnitly destroys gaian planets.
or if you like to verify start a new game with sufficient stars for 1 planet to become Gaia.
Look into the log, search Gaia and you'll see that there were Gaian planets and a little further down the log you see they were removed.
The beauty of travel is visiting foreign countries and meeting new people.
G.Khan

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#6 Post by Dilvish »

Cluesen wrote:Meanwhile i tested the Gaia special without the effectsgroup mentioned above, it defnitly destroys gaian planets.
without which effectsgroup?
or if you like to verify start a new game with sufficient stars for 1 planet to become Gaia.
Look into the log, search Gaia and you'll see that there were Gaian planets and a little further down the log you see they were removed.
I'm currently playing a game with 600 stars; looking over the logs there were 7 Gaia planets at creation, none were removed. Could you post your log so I can see what you're talking about?
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0