Xenophobic industry malus not going away #6411

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Xenophobic industry malus not going away #6411

#16 Post by Dilvish »

Now that I'm thinking about it more, it's seeming like the current language "not targetpop low=-999 high=0" has exactly the same problem as what I pointed out for "targetpop low=0.001". So perhaps your latest proposal "not pop high=0" would indeed be best. I somehow had it in my head that low couldn't be skipped, but I'd be glad to discover I was wrong on that (and even if it were required it seems that "not pop low=0 high=0" could work fine). Would you have time to test and confirm that "not population high=0" works as expected?
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Xenophobic industry malus not going away #6411

#17 Post by MatGB »

I'll test it in a bit, I still have the zipped savegame.

FWIW in that very same game I did have a planet with target pop 0 for a bit, put a cryo pod down on a hostile gaia, so there are reasons it might happen.

ETA: tested, appears to work fine with the problematic planets already noticed, I'll complete the game and keep an eye on things then run a test with a different seed, the glitch put me behind, some of the AIs now have ships that're actually hurting my fleets ;-)
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.