winning is easy

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: winning is easy

#16 Post by MatGB »

I have now DLd the most recent build, I'm bored of my current game so I'll restart at something bigger and see how it goes, I knew it was being worked on but didn't know how far along things were in the actually playable releases (at some point I'll work out how to compile my own but I'm still working on getting used to SVN atm).
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#17 Post by Dilvish »

MatGB wrote:I have now DLd the most recent build, ... but I'm still working on getting used to SVN atm).
After Vezzra puit up the latest build, I made a few more changes to AI invasions that I hope will help, so you might want to go ahead and do an SVN update of the default/AI directory (that won't break compatibility with any saved games from yesterdays build). Or here is a zip file if you want to just replace the files manually. If you notice a difference with the AI please let me know.
Attachments
InvasionAI.py.zip
(16.96 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#18 Post by MatGB »

I've got into the habit of doing that anyway as I realised they didn't need compiling awhileback. I'm about 2/3rds through a vanilla install ATM with 250 systems, so far no noticeable lag but OTOH I'm doing fairly well so it's going fairly quickly.

The AI is noticeably better even on this though, just lost a fairly major industrial world (captured Egassem homeworld) to the AI furthest away from me, I'm having to manouvre and think a lot more, which is nice.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.