Testv. 0.4.3 -6297 - buggy production queue

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Hihoo
Space Kraken

Testv. 0.4.3 -6297 - buggy production queue

#1 Post by Hihoo »

Hi,
going back as far as necessary to avoid the memory leak bug, (heavy swapping)
I arrived at a.m. version.

Not much luck with it either, the top item in the production queue, sometimes even the top 2,
show(s) "turns:1" but never get produced.

Seemingly there is no playable testversion out there at the moment?

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Testv. 0.4.3 -6297 - buggy production queue

#2 Post by MatGB »

#6462 is working fine for me, link in the recent builds thread. I do recall one of the test builds had a werid production issue that was fixed quickly.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Hihoo
Space Kraken

#3 Post by Hihoo »

#6462 is working fine for me
lucky guy ... :?

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#4 Post by Dilvish »

Hihoo wrote:
#6462 is working fine for me
lucky guy ... :?
Hihoo, are you saying you have some significant problem with the current builds that doesn't get cleared up by saving the game, exiting, and restarting/reloading? That's admittedly not a great workaround for the memory problem, but it seems reasonable while BigJoe is trying to find time to track down the problem and fix it. (And since it seems to have been triggered by some innocuous looking casting, I am rather suspecting it is a memory leak in the boost serialization code -- they somewhat recently cleared up some serialization memory leaks related to void casting, which took them more than one release iteration to fix to their satisfaction, and it's quite conceivable there may still be a lingering problem there.)
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Hihoo
Space Kraken

#5 Post by Hihoo »

Hihoo, are you saying you have some significant problem with the current builds that doesn't get cleared up by saving the game, exiting, and restarting/reloading?
Nope. I just transcended to a higher level of understanding :)