b6610 w/ Jan 8th content

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
yandonman
Creative Contributor

b6610 w/ Jan 8th content

#1 Post by yandonman »

Just play testing feedback notes
  • Mu Ursh need planetary defense (prevent early early invades b/c their +50% weapons are OP at the cost they are gained for - basically, 10 troop ships)
  • Sciolors (+150 RP bonus) should default to research focus
  • Need a Make-All-Fleet button (collapse all ships in at a location into a single fleet - helps when you have multiple ships produced over multiple turns)
  • Fleets created with solely weapon-less ships should default to the 'Hide' fleet behavior. (colony ships, scouts...etc)
  • The following two fleets incorrectly give a map icon that indicates an attacking fleet: 1 scout fleet (no weapons) and 10 troop ships (no weapons)
  • PsychoDom apparently made it back in. :(
  • Had a very odd case where a Dyson Forest spawned at turn 254 on every system. Very odd. (I had omni scanners many turns prior, so it wasn't a vision issue)
Code released under GPL 2.0. Content released under GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: b6610 w/ Jan 8th content

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

yandonman wrote:Sciolors (+150 RP bonus) should default to research focus
Specify it as their preferred focus...

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by MatGB »

yandonman wrote:Just play testing feedback notes
  • Mu Ursh need planetary defense (prevent early early invades b/c their +50% weapons are OP at the cost they are gained for - basically, 10 troop ships)
Agreed, there's some coding that I think Geoff introduced to allow for this but it's not been applied to any species. I also keep thinking they need some drawbacks, maybe Bad Shields might balance them a bit if we ever get shields sorted out and balanced properly, not my current priority.
[*]Sciolors (+150 RP bonus) should default to research focus
I keep meaning to do this but haven't got around to it even on my own game let alone to patch.
[*]Need a Make-All-Fleet button (collapse all ships in at a location into a single fleet - helps when you have multiple ships produced over multiple turns)
Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes. Also good for when either several fleets arrive together and you want to merge/split damaged or for those occasions when you accidentally select the 'split fleet' option instead of 'split damaged' and end up with 30+ separate fleets to manage and remerge.
[*]Fleets created with solely weapon-less ships should default to the 'Hide' fleet behavior. (colony ships, scouts...etc)
That's in the design spec as soemthing they want coded up, but i looked at it and it's way beyond me.
[*]The following two fleets incorrectly give a map icon that indicates an attacking fleet: 1 scout fleet (no weapons) and 10 troop ships (no weapons)
Not sure what you mean here, d'you mean red/yellow circles for movement or am I missing something?
[*]PsychoDom apparently made it back in. :(
It never left, but I think it got moved lower down the priority for most AIs. I still think we need to completely rethink that whole feature, I'm playing with ideas based around planet conquest without troops or similar, and giving psychdom a massive bonus over the much earlier tech that says it'll allow this when coded.
[*]Had a very odd case where a Dyson Forest spawned at turn 254 on every system. Very odd. (I had omni scanners many turns prior, so it wasn't a vision issue)[/list]
I've never seen that happen at all, got a savegame for it?
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

yandonman
Creative Contributor

#4 Post by yandonman »

Geoff the Medio wrote:
yandonman wrote:Sciolors (+150 RP bonus) should default to research focus
Specify it as their preferred focus...
viewtopic.php?p=66725#p66725

I've never seen that happen at all, got a savegame for it?
Turn 253 (included in the 7zip) is the turn before. Turn 254 is turn after.
Attachments
FreeOrion_IfinitySprouts.7z
(396.95 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Code released under GPL 2.0. Content released under GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.