Am I the only one who never won a game?

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
winter leaf
Space Floater

Re: Am I the only one who never won a game?

#31 Post by winter leaf »

Too bad I cant colonise it though...need better sensors.The AI took one of my planets.they have a big fleet there.:/ and i have to defend my kraken nest.green have tried to attack it several times,so I'm leaving my great kraken there.make ships,invade.thats my plan.
|I enclose this message in a text box|
Also( YES,not in a text box ) I release graphics,code,and other things under the licences used by this forum. :)

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#32 Post by Dilvish »

winter leaf wrote:The AI took one of my planets.they have a big fleet there.:/
Are you saying they actually invaded and captured your planet? If you're playing Beginner then that shouldn't have happened. I guess if they are camping it with a lot of ships that can be nearly as bad though, I might still need to do a bit more to nerf Beginner AI aggression.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

winter leaf
Space Floater

#33 Post by winter leaf »

Yeah,they took Nàsti II.playing last weeks release (forgot the number) so if you did it this week then its fine.Need the new one if so.
Also( YES,not in a text box ) I release graphics,code,and other things under the licences used by this forum. :)

Dilvish

#34 Post by Dilvish »

winter leaf wrote:Yeah,they took Nàsti II.playing last weeks release (forgot the number) so if you did it this week then its fine.Need the new one if so.
Hmm, it was in 7242/7425 -- so after the RC Pre-release of two weeks ago, but it should have been in place for the RC1 of last week. Please double check what version you were playing, it would be important to know if this wasn't working right.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#35 Post by MatGB »

If she's playing the straight RC1 release the default is "typical" not "beginner" so that should be OK?
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Dilvish

#36 Post by Dilvish »

MatGB wrote:If she's playing the straight RC1 release the default is "typical" not "beginner" so that should be OK?
Yes, that would be ok. Because of some earlier discussion I was expecting her to be testing out the new Beginner mode, and I guess I wasn't very clear when I tried asking above if this was on Beginner setting.

vincele
Space Dragon

#37 Post by vincele »

Dilvish wrote:
MatGB wrote:If she's playing the straight RC1 release the default is "typical" not "beginner" so that should be OK?
Yes, that would be ok. Because of some earlier discussion I was expecting her to be testing out the new Beginner mode, and I guess I wasn't very clear when I tried asking above if this was on Beginner setting.
I remember testing a build from after your changes, beginner mode, and it was pleasantly tuned down, no real aggression, no AI conquest of my worlds, just what it should be. I think it does not need much more tuning than that. It was the first FO session that make me want to start the next game one level up, and the next was also quite right, with some aggressivity, but I was able to resist, so your work is very good. I think I may be playing harder AIs soon ! Thanks from all the LOO !
All the patches I'll provide for freeorion will be released under the GPL v2 or later license.
Let's unleash the dyson forest powa!

winter leaf
Space Floater

#38 Post by winter leaf »

I set it to beginner when I started,and I cant play freeorion til' Friday for certain reasons.sorry.by the way,im the only LOO that replied. :wink: I think that plural is a bit...misplaced.