Automatic Exploring AI

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
mileser
Space Squid

Automatic Exploring AI

#1 Post by mileser »

I've found that I really can't use the automatic exploring option. The scouts have a disturbing tendency to suicide themselves into stationary monsters that are already known.

While going into a system with a monster when the monster is not known to be there is understandable, but once the monster is known to be there either through previous scouting or through scanning, then scouts should not try to go through them. The automatic explore option still tries to go through these systems, and so I manually run the scouts.
Also: If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Automatic Exploring AI

#2 Post by Dilvish »

Yes, that is a significant limitation of the current auto-explore. I expect that something will eventually be done for that-- I think a solution won't be too bad to implement, it's just a prioritization of available time issue.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0