Enemy ships in transit no longer visible [7136]

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
mem359
Dyson Forest

Enemy ships in transit no longer visible [7136]

#1 Post by mem359 »

I noticed in the most recent build that enemy ships in transit (more than one turn to travel a star lane) are no longer visible. If this is by design (and not an accident), I please request to get rid of it. Or at the least, leave a faded image (like when enemy ships are no longer in scanner range) to remind me that there were enemies at that system the turn before.

Swarms of larva kraken (or floaters) are a pain to get rid of, when they are only visible 1/2 or 1/3 of the time, and there are many star lanes they could have used. (They pop up on a planet, disrupting supply lines, then vanish while traveling.) It is too easy to forget that there were 8 of the buggers instead of 7, so that two turns after I sent ships back to the front line, I have to turn them around to deal with the nuisance.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Enemy ships in transit no longer visible [7136]

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by MatGB »

mem359 wrote:Swarms of larva kraken (or floaters) are a pain to get rid of, when they are only visible 1/2 or 1/3 of the time, and there are many star lanes they could have used. (They pop up on a planet, disrupting supply lines, then vanish while traveling.) It is too easy to forget that there were 8 of the buggers instead of 7, so that two turns after I sent ships back to the front line, I have to turn them around to deal with the nuisance.
Yup, definitely feel that. I abandoned a game half way through when yet another dyson forest cut my supply lines because I din't know the floater was still alive, I'm playing on no monsters for the rest of the week, it should, hopefully, be fixed with the next test release from what's been said in the thread Geoff links.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

mem359
Dyson Forest

#4 Post by mem359 »

Geoff the Medio wrote:See this thread: viewtopic.php?p=69499#p69499
Ah, thanks. I wouldn't have thought to check that thread, let alone halfway down page 2.
That explanation makes sense. Look forward to the next build.