Colonize: bases before ships

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
mem359
Dyson Forest

Colonize: bases before ships

#1 Post by mem359 »

This would be convenient, although I imagine it would be low on the to-do list.

When clicking the colonize button next to a planet (without selecting any ships in orbit), I believe the game will take the earliest built colony ship that has the highest species compatibility ("good" > "poor"). It would be useful if it would select a colony base before a colony ship.

I realize this can be manually overridden, but sometimes I forget that there is a previously built colony ship in orbit when I get a sit-rep that the colony base is finished. I click the colonize button, then find out the next turn that I have a colony base that is no longer useful (no more planets in the system), and I can't send something to the neighboring system that was just cleared of enemies.

winter leaf
Space Floater

Re: Colonize: bases before ships

#2 Post by winter leaf »

Never had a problem with this,though it seems shocking.I think it would be a good idea to do this,but until then,check what you have in your system :wink:
|I enclose this message in a text box|
Also( YES,not in a text box ) I release graphics,code,and other things under the licences used by this forum. :)