Death Ray 3 Longer than others?

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Foocaux
Space Squid

Death Ray 3 Longer than others?

#1 Post by Foocaux »

I had a quick look through ship_parts.txt, originally to see where the icon for the transpatial drive was actually stored, and I accidentally noticed this bit:

Code: Select all

Part
    name = "SR_WEAPON_4_3"
    description = "SR_WEAPON_4_3_DESC"
    class = ShortRange
    damage = 25
    ROF = 1
    range = 60
    mountableSlotTypes = External
    buildcost = 60 * [[FLEET_UPKEEP_MULTIPLICATOR]]
    buildtime = 4
    location = OwnedBy TheEmpire Source.Owner
    icon = "icons/ship_parts/death-ray-3.png"
The other death rays have range = 50 instead.
Which one is the correct value?
The small print: Any code contribution I make to FreeOrion is made under GPL v2.0, any graphic contribution is under CC-by-SA 3.0

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Death Ray 3 Longer than others?

#2 Post by Vezzra »

Probably the other three, but range isn't used anyway (yet), so it's kind of irrelevant ATM.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by MatGB »

Foocaux wrote:I had a quick look through ship_parts.txt, originally to see where the icon for the transpatial drive was actually stored,
Oh yeah. Need a separate icon for the transpatial drive, I used the singularity engine core as a placeholder and forgot to ask someone to do it in a different colour (or design something completely new).
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Foocaux
Space Squid

#4 Post by Foocaux »

Yep, I'm playing with paint.net as we speak to see if my feeble colouring attempts produce anything worthwhile... :)
The small print: Any code contribution I make to FreeOrion is made under GPL v2.0, any graphic contribution is under CC-by-SA 3.0