Issues in 0.4.4 RC2 so far

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Issues in 0.4.4 RC2 so far

#46 Post by MatGB »

It's also been showing fine for me in RC2/en

Minor issue I can't fix myself: Transparency in the Gaia icon is missing in the bottom right half (but present in the top left half), looks a bit odd in the production queue/window where it's against a gray background, but looks fine in the normal planets sidebar where it's against a black background.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Cjkjvfnby
AI Contributor

#47 Post by Cjkjvfnby »

Geoff the Medio wrote:
Cjkjvfnby wrote:0.4.4 RC2 Missed text for industrial center.
The link shows fine for me in that sitrep message in the latest trunk SVN.
will check it on RC3.

minor issue:
"Ships of this design" at disign screen show ships that was destroyed(I have message about descruction of this ship in situation report).
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#48 Post by Dilvish »

Cjkjvfnby wrote:minor issue:
"Ships of this design" at disign screen show ships that was destroyed(I have message about descruction of this ship in situation report).
I suppose it probably would be more helpful to split the ships up into the main group and a known-destroyed group, is that what you had in mind? I can't say I've every really found that pedia page helpful, but I guess I can think of situations where it might be.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#49 Post by MatGB »

I've always thought it should just show ships currently visible, but Geoff disagreed last time it was discussed.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#50 Post by Geoff the Medio »

MatGB wrote:I've always thought it should just show ships currently visible, but Geoff disagreed last time it was discussed.
Apparently I changed my mind...

Ouaz
Dyson Forest

#51 Post by Ouaz »

I don't know if this is normal, but all shield strength value = 0 in the Pedia articles (RC1 build)
shield_strength_pedia.PNG
shield_strength_pedia.PNG (22.47 KiB) Viewed 648 times
I release every updated file under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#52 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Pedia entries generally show simply scripted statistics for parts, derived from the "capacity = whatever" type lines. Some parts, such as most shields, have other more complicated scripts that implement their effects, but which don't use the capacity stat, so the pedia entries will say 0 for them.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#53 Post by Vezzra »

MatGB wrote:Minor issue I can't fix myself: Transparency in the Gaia icon is missing in the bottom right half (but present in the top left half), looks a bit odd in the production queue/window where it's against a gray background, but looks fine in the normal planets sidebar where it's against a black background.
I just took a look at the icon, transparency seems to be just fine. The bottom right shouldn't be transparent anyway, as it's covered by the image of a dark planet, which makes up the bigger part of the entire pic.

It's a planet (a dark circle) in the bottom right with a colorful, sparkly glow in the upper left (take a look at the large and huge image).

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#54 Post by MatGB »

I'd never noticed that. Geoff, suggest we try to either remove the line or fix it so it displays?

EDIT: Vezzra posted as I did, I stand corrected, had never noticed that it had a planet in it before, not sure that comes across at all well in game. Ah well, thought it was one of those that went wrong when they were all refactored a few months back.
Mat Bowles

Ouaz
Dyson Forest

#55 Post by Ouaz »

Found a species in the stringtables that is not displayed in the Pedia (species article): (still RC1 build)

Maybe removed?

Code: Select all

Line  5062

SP_HIDDENGARDENER
Hidden Gardener
SP_HIDDENGARDENER_GAMEPLAY_DESC
'''A sapient fungal network that tends its plant food from beneath
hidden_gardener_missing.PNG
hidden_gardener_missing.PNG (11.26 KiB) Viewed 637 times
I release every updated file under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#56 Post by MatGB »

Commented out but not removed completely, they were a species that vastly improved food production, when food was removed as a resource they were commented but not removed completely, I keep meaning to look at them and figure out if there's something cool we could do with them but it's not a priority.
Mat Bowles

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#57 Post by Dilvish »

Geoff the Medio wrote:Pedia entries generally show simply scripted statistics for parts, derived from the "capacity = whatever" type lines. Some parts, such as most shields, have other more complicated scripts that implement their effects, but which don't use the capacity stat, so the pedia entries will say 0 for them.
Yeah, that's something I think we should have on the todo list to fix for 0.4.5