The Mu Ursh attack bonus more than supposed

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
codekiddy
Space Floater

The Mu Ursh attack bonus more than supposed

#1 Post by codekiddy »

the Mu Ursh speices are my favorite because they give 50% attack bonus to ships if ships are built on their planet..
but I noticed the bonus I receive is more than 50%, ie. I produced an asteroid cruiser with 4x laser4 weapons which totals in 55 damage, so the Mu Ursh attack bonus is 27,5 so final attack of the ship should be 82,5 or 83 damage max. but it is 85.

that's probably not to much, but it's almost like adding an additional mas driver level 1 to the ship ( for free ).
also I have 2 robocruisers with 3x laser 2 weapon which is 21 damage for human crew, the same ship with Mu Ursh gets 30 attack which is in this case lower than suspected. and the difference between these 2 ship examples is 2x1,5= 3 damage :)

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: The Mu Ursh attack bonus more than supposed

#2 Post by Dilvish »

The adjustment is done on a per-weapon basis, not on total attack, and is also rounded to an integer. So, right, it is not always exactly the advertised %. There should probably be a Pedia->"Game Concepts" entry to explain a bit about the species bonuses/maluses, and probably also one for Combat.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

codekiddy
Space Floater

#3 Post by codekiddy »

thank you for explaining how that works, and sorry if I ask to much questions :)

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#4 Post by MatGB »

codekiddy wrote:thank you for explaining how that works, and sorry if I ask to much questions :)
Don't be, the game's still in Alpha afterall, feedback is always good, and feedback includes "what isn't clear in game" as well as "this doesn't work" or "what on earth is that doing?" afterall ;-)

At some point there's vague plans to redo all the weapon stats to make some/all of them upgradable with tech (so you put in a "Death Ray" part and improve it over time with research) but it's not been a high priority, I think Geoff mentioned he'd like to get it going this release cycle but there's a lot of backend stuff going on at the moment.

Consequently, I didn't put much work into documenting the current feature as it'll inevitably change fairly soon. I did post an image summarising the stat bonuses/maluses on a per weapon basis somewhere in the forums though, I still refer to that at times to work out what I need to get to (eg if an AI unlocks Multi Spectral Shielding I know I'll need ships able to get past that shield, do I need to go for Death Ray or can I get away with Plasma3/4, etc, which depends on whether I have Mu Ursh or Eaxaw, or lesser pilots, etc.)
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.