Bug in Empire Statistics?

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Flash
Space Krill

Bug in Empire Statistics?

#1 Post by Flash »

I just finished a game and was checking the stats of my empire.

There I found the stats for "ship designs produced" and "ship designs lost"

It looks like there are more lost than produced!? Is this a bug?
Attachments
The top statistic is "ship designs produced" the bottom one "ship designs lost". There are more lost than produced!?
The top statistic is "ship designs produced" the bottom one "ship designs lost". There are more lost than produced!?
statisticsError.png (85.66 KiB) Viewed 502 times

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Bug in Empire Statistics?

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Could you do some tests by starting a new small game and losing a single ship at a time and checking how the stats change, then losing a couple ships at a time... maybe saving / loading to see if that double-counts, etc?

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Bug in Empire Statistics?

#3 Post by Dilvish »

Flash wrote:...There I found the stats for "ship designs produced" and "ship designs lost"
It looks like there are more lost than produced!? Is this a bug?
Good catch-- when combat events are processed to update this info, it looks to me like there was some overlogging if a ship had taken multiple hits when it was destroyed. I'm about to test a fix and expect to put it in sometime today.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0