Feedback on build 0619.109d2f9

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Scara
Space Kraken

Feedback on build 0619.109d2f9

#1 Post by Scara »

Hi,

played a game galaxy shape irregular 1. I already noticed some straight edges...
Surprise, at the end revealing a perfect square form!
And don't ask me about what it reminds me of, I'm linux user ;-)
square.png
square.png (724.3 KiB) Viewed 385 times

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Feedback on build 0619.109d2f9

#2 Post by Dilvish »

Yes, all of the galaxy shapes are created within a rectangular boundary (which in practice, for whatever reason, has been left as a square). Irregular1 fills that boundary quite recognizably; Cluster does as well but not quite so recognizably.

It seems to me that Irregular2 has proved itself and we should probably just drop Irregular1, and rename Irregular2 to Irregular.

Or perhaps we rename Irregular 2 as above, but rather than remove Irregular1 we just rename it "Box" galaxy :lol:
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by MatGB »

I vote the latter, I quite like Irr1, but it's not really irregular, Irr2 is much nicer as it expands out in weird directions.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#4 Post by Dilvish »

MatGB wrote:I vote the latter, I quite like Irr1, but it's not really irregular, Irr2 is much nicer as it expands out in weird directions.
Done.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0