Unable to colonize a eaxaw planet in same system? - Resolved

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
UrshMost
Space Kraken

Unable to colonize a eaxaw planet in same system? - Resolved

#1 Post by UrshMost »

Update: this was because of a happiness drop on the main Eaxaw world.

Build 2015 June 30

I tried to build a 2nd eaxaw colony in 2 different systems, and noticed a few turns later that they were at 'never' in the production queue.
I can't figure out what would be blocking this?
All the production checks for the colonies show PASSED

I attached a save game file.
Attachments
eaxaw issue.zip
save game - zipped with 7zip
(983.76 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Last edited by UrshMost on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 64bit, AMD 8 Core, 16 GB
Nvidia GTX 670 @ 3240x1920
FreeOrion Build: Latest Windows Test Build

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Unable to colonize a 2nd eaxaw planet in same system?

#2 Post by MatGB »

Without switching what I'm doing around, have you got a screenshot?

Two things can affect it if they're in different systems, the most obvious one is that the colony building needs to be in supply of an existing Eaxaw colony that is a) at 3 or more population and b) at 5 or more happiness.

Eaxaw aren't happy being around other races, if your existing Eaxaw colonies are now below happiness 5, or they've been cutoff from the new place, it can't build.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

UrshMost
Space Kraken

#3 Post by UrshMost »

Frack. Their happiness dropped. I knew they aggravated other species, but didn't realize the reverse also happened.

Nevermind, thanks.
Windows 10 64bit, AMD 8 Core, 16 GB
Nvidia GTX 670 @ 3240x1920
FreeOrion Build: Latest Windows Test Build

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#4 Post by MatGB »

UrshMost wrote:Frack. Their happiness dropped. I knew they aggravated other species, but didn't realize the reverse also happened.

Nevermind, thanks.
Hah, yeah, um, it didn't until this week, there was a bug in the code so it wasn't working, I fixed it last weekend ;-)

We need to introduce more ways to increase happiness I think, but it is meant to be their big drawback (they have the same stats as humans otherwise but are the best pilots you can normally build ships with).
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#5 Post by Dilvish »

MatGB wrote:We need to introduce more ways to increase happiness I think, but it is meant to be their big drawback
We could have a Colosseum building which acts a bit like a reverse Evacuation-- it sucks up population from empire-owned planets having a different species than that of the Colosseum planet, and it converts the bodies into happiness at the Colosseum planet (and probably unhappiness at the other planets), perhaps with some operating costs as well.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Unable to colonize a eaxaw planet in same system? - Reso

#6 Post by MatGB »

You mean the empire keeps the citizens happy by letting the "lesser species" fight and die in the arenas? That could be, um, interesting...

I'm actually half tempted to put in a Neutronium Statue. Non stacking +1 happiness everywhere, can only be built if you've got a Neutronium source. It was meant as a "I forget how to use Objects to find if I've got one quickly" joke but the more I think about it.

Seriously, I have no clue if I've got a neutronium synthesiser in my empire and I just got the tech, ah well, Sitrep filtering it is...

Edit: or I could turn my brain on and look up Buildings in the Pedia. Ah well, it's late...
Mat Bowles