Feedback on build 0704.dcca0c5

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Scara
Space Kraken

Feedback on build 0704.dcca0c5

#1 Post by Scara »

Hi,

I have played a 450 System game (cluster) with starlane and planetdensity low, all other on medium, AI manical and 4 experimentor outposts.
One thing that might happen playing with multiple outposts is a starlane cutoff...
cutoff.png
cutoff.png (254.47 KiB) Viewed 426 times
I play with 4 Outposts for a while now but it's the first time that happend.

Something strange I discovered today, at a gysache AI the shipsymbols weren't matching the shipcount. This was persistent over rounds and changed slightly.
Clocked ships? Had only 40 empire detection.
shipsym1.png
shipsym1.png (280.85 KiB) Viewed 426 times
shipsym2.png
shipsym2.png (235.65 KiB) Viewed 426 times

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Feedback on build 0704.dcca0c5

#2 Post by MatGB »

Re the first, yeah, clusters plus low starlanes then upping the number of outposts is basically asking for trouble, for what it's worth the AI handles low/low quite badly (although a lot better than it did) and Clusters can give some weird results anyway, we'd like to redo the Experimentor placement anyway at some point and I think what we were thinking of should fix the first.

The second is beyond me, I have noticed occasional display glitches in fleet numbers I couldn't explain, but never persistently over time like that, it could be stealth but that's unlikely unless they've got Multi Spectral from ancient ruins.

Anyone? IIRC the current fleet icon display setup was done by Cami but I may be wrong.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

I'd guess it's counting already-destroyed ships when determining what icon to use.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#4 Post by Dilvish »

Geoff the Medio wrote:I'd guess it's counting already-destroyed ships when determining what icon to use.
That might be a key aspect of the underlying problem, though it's not quite so simple as that since I'm having no luck making a test case with which to test excluding-destroyed-ships as a solution.

If I notice the issue appear ingame again sometime (I have seen it before but just didn't chase it), I'll test out a solution. Or if someone could post a small xml savefile with the problem I'll test using that...
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0