Experimentors [build 2015-08-03.b32371f]

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
AndrewW
Juggernaut

Experimentors [build 2015-08-03.b32371f]

#1 Post by AndrewW »

Should that be an Experimentor colony?
Experimentor.png
Experimentor.png (144.99 KiB) Viewed 564 times

Sloth
Content Scripter

Re: Experimentors [build 2015-08-03.b32371f]

#2 Post by Sloth »

I see the problem in the spawning location:

Code: Select all

location = And [
        Contains And [
            Planet
            Unowned
            Not Planet type = [Asteroids GasGiant]
        ]
        Not Contains Or [
            HasSpecial name = "ANCIENT_RUINS_SPECIAL"
            HasSpecial name = "PANOPTICON_SPECIAL"
            HasSpecial name = "GAIA_SPECIAL"
        ]
        Not WithinStarlaneJumps jumps = 6 condition = And [
            Planet
            OwnedBy affiliation = AnyEmpire
        ]
The planet check needed "Not Species". A PR that fixes it has been created: https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/pull/275
All released under the GNU GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licences.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by MatGB »

I don't have a problem with Experimentors living in the same system as natives, they're hiding Pollus 1 completely.

It might be better to have them not spawn in a system with natives but it's never bothered me that they do.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Sloth
Content Scripter

#4 Post by Sloth »

I didn't notice that the first planet is hidden. I never considered looking at the names. Isn't that an exploit?
MatGB wrote:It might be better to have them not spawn in a system with natives but it's never bothered me that they do.
They will still spawn in systems with natives, but they will now only spawn when there is at least one free planet.
All released under the GNU GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licences.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#5 Post by MatGB »

Sloth wrote:I didn't notice that the first planet is hidden. I never considered looking at the names. Isn't that an exploit?
I am, and have always been, of the opinion that planets should never be completely invisible. Plus, it's a planetary system with no starlanes, the only other way that can (currently) happen¹ is if someone messes up the galaxy generation scripts.
MatGB wrote:It might be better to have them not spawn in a system with natives but it's never bothered me that they do.
They will still spawn in systems with natives, but they will now only spawn when there is at least one free planet.
Cool, wonder what happens/happened before if/when they did spawn with full systems. Ah well, edge case bugs are what we need to find and squash.

1. Feel free to come up with other effects that we might want that to happen with every so often, I'm far better at balancing stuff than I am at coming up with new ideas
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.