AI colonisation priority Master #6336350

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
MatGB
Creative Contributor

AI colonisation priority Master #6336350

#1 Post by MatGB »

Linux savegame attached as zip, I have the AI log zipped as well but it's massive so can email/find somewhere to upload it.
I've just got a scout (and a warfleet) to here:
AI-colonise-priority.png
AI-colonise-priority.png (167.97 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Both Margrave (below) and Lesath (to the left) have Abaddoni colonies fully established, with shipyards, with colonists taken from this system. But that lovely Large Adequate world with the Lithic growth special/production boost hasn't been touched.

Finding a system like that when scouting is close to the top of my list of paydirt priority grabs when playing, it'd be full to the brim by now, this AI has been bothering me (hence the invasion) and sending outposters off to really daft places, but not colonised this one. I can't find the thread we last discussed this, and I know some priorities were tweaked, but, well, possibly not enough.

(can email the zipped AI log easily, just let me know where)
Attachments
AIcoloniseJirntuAbadoni.zip
(673.45 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: AI colonisation priority Master #6336350

#2 Post by Dilvish »

Ok well I took a look at it-- that planet was one of the AIs top choices, just not close enough to the top for it to have been dealt with yet. Only one other choice (out of your view) had a very much higher score, but the other choices looked fairly reasonable, and I don't have time to get into it too deeply right now.

There also was a buggy issue that had made this AI stop building outposts for a while, which I've just fixed. Additionally I made a few more tweaks to some scoring considerations, but I don't know how much difference any of that would really have made here.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by MatGB »

Fair enough. If I'm reading the changes right, because I had previously taken a different system from this AI and that system had outposts queued it was counting that against target? That makes sense.

Basically wanting to ensure the AI is as good at taking advantage of the new colonising mechanics as we are as if they get behind on colonies the game gets too easy, they're better now than they were when we first implemented the changes but sometimes they just don't do things that to me are obvious good.

But then I play the game incredibly reactively and change priorities constantly, something I'm guessing is fairly hard to programme. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on changes moving forward, thanks.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#4 Post by Dilvish »

MatGB wrote:If I'm reading the changes right, because I had previously taken a different system from this AI and that system had outposts queued it was counting that against target?
Yes, that was it, and this AI has pretty modest total PP (under 50) and so was only allocating itself to build one outpost at a time. That bit of code could probably still use more attention.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0