Cultural archives

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Nexus
Space Floater

Cultural archives

#1 Post by Nexus »

A while ago I saw that some technologically advanced natives had their own cultural archive, but it hasn't happened in any of my recent games. Has this feature been removed? I kinda liked it, it gave the natives a bit more individuality. It also made the game richer, because you'd sometimes have to decide whether or not to keep a less-than-useful species for the sake of the Archive.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Cultural archives

#2 Post by MatGB »

Cultural Library, not Archive, but same art. Not removed, only appears on a proportion of High Tech Natives, so needs both Natives and Specials on and to occur together, which depending on your settings might not happen often. And yes, nice little feature (although I generally find the homeworld bonus alone is a reason to keep 99% of all species unless I'm playing Trith).
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Nexus
Space Floater

Re: Cultural archives

#3 Post by Nexus »

Oh, they're two different things. I play with specials and natives set to "high" so I figured I should see them more often but I guess I've just been unlucky.