Organic growth buildings

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Scara
Space Kraken

Organic growth buildings

#1 Post by Scara »

Hello!

The game is back on running very nice again!
As playing more often with organic shipdesigns there where two things that fell in my eye.

1. On a planet that was in depopulation process I was building the xenocood. and growthcam.
When the planet was completely depopulated, the building of the Neutron Forge stopped,
but not xenocood. and growthcam. as I would have expected.
depop.png
depop.png (59.58 KiB) Viewed 409 times
2. This is probably something you already know.
As soon as organic ships with growth are parked on a system with an drydock the sitrep produces lots of repair messages. Not actually of damage from a battle, but it seems somehow from the growth.
Maybe something like a filter for damage repairs of one and smaller can be installed or other solution found,
keeping growing ships on drydocks spaming the sitrep
organicrepair.png
organicrepair.png (77.77 KiB) Viewed 409 times

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Organic growth buildings

#2 Post by MatGB »

Regarding the first, it's possible we ought to gate all shipyards to check for population but we currently don't and it's never bothered me much.

Regarding the second, yes, known issue, on my list of things to do is set priorities for all effects that do similar things so you only get one of them, but I'm doing drydock repair when I revamp the overall fleet repair thing and that's been "next" on my list for about a year now, I keep getting sidetracked into New!Shiny!Features...
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#3 Post by Vezzra »

MatGB wrote:I keep getting sidetracked into New!Shiny!Features...
Like the brand new SetVisibility effect... :D

Scara
Space Kraken

#4 Post by Scara »

it's possible we ought to gate all shipyards to check for population but we currently don't and it's never bothered me much.
It doesn't actually bother me either, just though it maybe something unexpected.
I keep getting sidetracked into New!Shiny!Features...
Thanks for the work you're all spending on this game, it's definitely amazing!
I'm always excited what feature may next appear! :shock: :lol: