Old evac label sticking around

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

Old evac label sticking around

#1 Post by wobbly »

evac.png
evac.png (9.53 KiB) Viewed 844 times
So this is a planet owned by me that had an evac building (while owned by me), was invaded (destroying the evac building) then recaptured. Hovering the pop icon also shows a predicted -2 change in pop as if the evac building was still there.

build is c200ec5, which I believe was RC-2

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

Re: Old evac label sticking around

#2 Post by BlueAward »

That is karma for throwing innocent civilians into the void under guise of evacuation in an attempt at scorched earth tactics, weighting on your consciousness :P

This sounds similar to https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/issues/4049

From my end, I see that building as "Destroyed" with me as owner (debug dump still shows you as empire that built it). Surely destroyed when I took it over and I saw it happen. Maybe your client thinks it is "previously visible" with you as owner, not having witnessed the act of desctruction? I think you did not have visibility on the planet once you lost it at the time

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

#3 Post by BlueAward »

Oh and it shows -2.95 rather than -2? Is it not another mystery on top?

Also I hope it is not a fount of population now :O

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#4 Post by wobbly »

BlueAward wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:33 pm Oh and it shows -2.95 rather than -2? Is it not another mystery on top?

The screenshot was influence, I guess it wasn't clear in the post. Pop growth shows -2, but it actually grows as normal.

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

#5 Post by BlueAward »

wobbly wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:26 pm
BlueAward wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:33 pm Oh and it shows -2.95 rather than -2? Is it not another mystery on top?

The screenshot was influence, I guess it wasn't clear in the post. Pop growth shows -2, but it actually grows as normal.
Ah at least that is a non-mystery, then. For completenes sake, I don't see any change in influence attributed to evac, either