StarLane Suggestions

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
DarthNihilus
Space Krill

StarLane Suggestions

#1 Post by DarthNihilus »

Want some profit? Go non-standard way :)

I have a wo-o-o-onderfull (or is it one "l") suggestion. Sometimes there's a big need to break or create a new pass. So it would be cool to see a few new technologies in the game.
1. StarLane Creator
2. StarLane Destroyer

You can add a few techs for these to be discovered. Then the first can enable a special hull with a special...errrrmm...ship part, yes. Or three. Like "StarLane parts", "continuum breaker", "starlane creator" and a building "starlane creator starter" which sends a (here we can add a few more techs) supply/sensor/galaxy wide signal to "starlane creator" ships. So we must bring like 10 "StarLane parts", 1 "continuum breaker" and 1 "starlane creator" ship to each end of a creatable new Lane, than we build the building, it sends the signal and after 5 turns a new lane is created.
Same with the starLane destroyer. a tech with a huge special shiphull which is build at least for 20 turns with only one core slot for stalane breaker one slot for extradrive and one for cloak. and a building like in previous. so we send one ship to both systems, build the buildind it sends the signal and after 10 turns the starlane is destroyed.
why not instantly? I think you got it.
And NO weapon/sensor slots for all these ships only drive,cloak, maybe shields. they should be protected by other ships.

Also for the systems lanes to be created/destroyed in it there can be also few tech for the to be within supply range/ sensor range/ galaxy range.

P.S. Where I wrote sensor range I mean planets sensor range

Jesus knows how much do I want this into the game!!!!!!!!1111ELEVEN

P.P.S. All ships are destroyed after use.

UrshMost
Space Kraken

Re: StarLane Suggestions

#2 Post by UrshMost »

Research Gravitonics to get Starlane Bore, and there are improvements on that further up the research tree. I will let you explore to find them.

Also, while I don't think there are any techs to destroy a star lane yet, there are definitely techs to block them.
Windows 10 64bit, AMD 8 Core, 16 GB
Nvidia GTX 670 @ 3240x1920
FreeOrion Build: Latest Windows Test Build