Nice try

Talk about anything and everything related or unrelated to the FreeOrion project, especially Strategy Games.

Moderator: Oberlus

DeathAndPain2
Banned

Nice try

#1 Post by DeathAndPain2 »

Aquitaine has sent me an email in which he blamed me of saying that people just suck because xyz etc. Never having done such a thing, I did not feel like his criticism anyhow applied to me. It rather seemed like a predefined text block to me that he sends to anyone he dislikes. For that reason, I responded that I have a hard time taking his objection seriously as long as he does not get more precise.

Feeling his claim for power hurt, this has caused him to ban me.

Nice try, but unfortunately, his power is not enough to achieve such a thing. Otherwise, you would not be able to read this. All Aquitaine achieved was adding a small number to my name. Nice try though.

Only people that have leading positions in this project have blamed me of forum trolling or things like that. No, there is no point in asking me to participate in the project, because I do not want to, but then again, if they ban all users that just come here for discussion, then they will quickly end up being very lonely here.

I also cannot remember ever having said that the whole project sucks or such a thing. All I noted is that there is no progress. The project is dead in the water. There is also no point in blaming that on summer holidays or something, since there has been no measurable progress for a full year (measurable in terms of version number).

There has been talk of developers having to care for their RL and stuff. Sure they need to. But if that means that they cannot contribute to the project for months and years, then it would be more honest to quit the project rather than saying: "The project is alive and running; I just need to take care of my RL now."

But such remarks are highly unwelcome, so I have been banned. I have been tried to be banned, to be more precise.

Actually, even discussion in this forum has pretty much died away. There are next to no new topics or even replies to existing topics. There are also next to no announcements since there is nothing new to announce (except a ban attempt of DeathAndPain in the list of banned users, that is).

The core question is how long the inactive developers plan on keeping up the lie that this project is alive, clinging to the promise to go public with v0.3 and then have loads of new developers flock into the project. Of course it is better to be a leader of a running project than to be the leader of a failed project. From that point of view, I can understand the stance of Aquitaine and the others, as it is only human.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#2 Post by pd »

ok, this is really annoying now. what is your problem? don't you get enough attention in real life?

if you don't like this project, why are you still around? this just doesn't make sense.

<- fears your evil avatar

yaromir
Space Kraken

#3 Post by yaromir »

:lol:

The CVS version has tech-tree...

:lol:

Myabe I should stop being so lazy and contribute some coding...
Staying awake and aware is perhaps the hardest thing to do.

Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by Tyreth »

What exactly do you hope to achieve through your posts? It's not like your posts contribute anything to the project. Even if your flamebait opinions are somehow vindicated, you still will have not made the world a better place. FreeOrion will not have been helped or hindered, people will not like you or respect you more (quite the opposite probably), and the world will not be a richer place.

If you think you have something important to say, then send me an email. For now I'm locking this thead, since I can't see anything valuable being added.

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#5 Post by Aquitaine »

We don't pander to people who antagonize members of this project for any reason. See the announcement board regarding conduct. I'm not interested in 'claims to power,' especially where what you see as my 'power' is really 'my spending a great deal of free time working on design documents and organizing discussion.'

To everyone else who has been subjected to this discussion, here's a carrot for you: we're working on a protocol for the upcoming ship combat discussion as part of v0.4. We're going to do this in a format of figuring out the most important questions regarding how the system should work, and then answering them; some of this will be done by the team before it hits these forums, but we will be soliciting input on all of it and very little of it will be set in stone. We just want some material for people to critique rather than trying to assemble something as large as the combat engine out of discussion alone.

Thanks to everybody for their patience.

-Aq
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!