This is going brutally slow

Talk about anything and everything related or unrelated to the FreeOrion project, especially Strategy Games.

Moderator: Oberlus

Josh
Graphics

Re: This is going brutally slow

#16 Post by Josh »

If the artists have run out of things to do, there are plenty of Icons to work on.

General_Zaber
Space Kraken

#17 Post by General_Zaber »

Instead of trying to form an ETA, how about one of the administrators gives us a heads-up on how far along v0.4 is. Doesn't need to be detailed, just something to keep people's spirits up so they know there is at least some progress going on.

(Or even better; release a wireframed, bug-ridden absolutely awful v0.4 so people can see the results straight away...
...well it was worth a try)
The enemy is retreating! As always, there is no cuteness about them. Dammit

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#18 Post by pd »

Just have some patience and realize that this kind of project needs some time(years). Threads like this are not useful in any way. This is done in the spare time of some devoted people. It's not done to pleasure some random guys who want to play a game. In the end it's basically done for the developers them self, because it can be done.

You can always check the SVN to see what is currently done in detail.

If you want to speed this up, start contributing. If you can't code - learn to code. If you can't draw - learn to draw. This project is a learning experience for everyone involved.

General_Zaber
Space Kraken

#19 Post by General_Zaber »

Well I'll try my best, I still don't have broadband so I might not be of much use in anything but images but I'll contribute however I can
The enemy is retreating! As always, there is no cuteness about them. Dammit

Robbie.Price
Space Kraken

#20 Post by Robbie.Price »

Goodmorning all,

I am not incompetent when it comes to coding *which is actually to say I tend to be more then half decent*

And I am both interested and willing to code for FO.

As such, I've not actually as yet, started playing with the code, but fully intend to in ~ a few ~ months. (works like that)

I would also suggest to those who are antsy; Pick up a keyboard and spend some long winter nights curled up with thousands of lines of code, it'll do you, and the project good.

Best wishes all.