Can anyone tell me their experiences with Eurail or Railpass

Talk about anything and everything related or unrelated to the FreeOrion project, especially Strategy Games.

Moderator: Oberlus

vivianne
Space Krill

Can anyone tell me their experiences with Eurail or Railpass

#1 Post by vivianne »

Hello at all travelers out there! I am currently on the first stop on my trip through Europe in the great capital of Germany – Berlin! I have already been here for about two weeks and in between all the exciting sight-seeing and adventures I experience here I finally found some time to write down my impressions.

This city is huge! I love it here. Berlin has amazing buildings, the greatest variety of different cultures and interesting people. Every day I explore something new, there is so much going on here! I started my Europe trip in the biggest city of Germany because I am taking a German course Berlin here. This is definitely the perfect way to learn this language and for me a good way to get prepared for the subsequent journey. It also gives me the chance to get to know a lot of open-minded people from Germany and many other countries. I met this German girl who would like to go to Australia soon to improve her language skills. She has not started to plan anything yet though. Can anyone recommend me a particular school for a Sprachreise Sydney for her?

After my classes in Berlin a friend from the UK will join me for the rest of my trip. After Germany (of which we still have to explore Munich and Cologne together) we will go to France and Spain, we do not know which cities exactly yet though. For this we are going to take the Eurail to get from one place to another which I heard is really sufficient for flexible travelers like us. Can anyone tell me their experiences with that?

I am really excited about all the great things I am going to see on this trip. If anyone has any tips about a city which we have to see while traveling through Europe please let me know!
"Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes…just be an illusion."

utilae
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Can anyone tell me their experiences with Eurail or Railpass

#2 Post by utilae »

Sounds awesome. I have been told the best way to learn another language is to have a girlfriend (for guys) / boyfriend (for girls) who speaks that language you want to learn. Er the best / fastest way.

I have never been to Germany. Europe is a good place to take a holiday and just tour the different countries.
But I have been to Oz (Austrailia) and New Zealand (where I am from and live).

kroddn
Static Linker

#3 Post by kroddn »

Nice, nice. If you stay in München for a while, have a look at the "Augustiner Bräu" near the main station. I like hamburg very much, so maybe take a route over hamburg to cologne ;-)

Tsenzouken
Space Squid

#4 Post by Tsenzouken »

Spent ~2.5 years in Germany... Train system is very good. Look over the deals carefully, you can often visit a bunch of places very cheaply if you plan right.

As far as language, just keep at it. Don't be afraid to ask how to say things, they usually take it with good grace because you care enough to try. Sometimes you'll get an odd look when you attempt to say something in German, as most Germans speak some English and expect us to use it exclusively... All I can suggest there is keep trying and don't let it discourage you from learning pronunciation.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#5 Post by Geoff the Medio »

tzlaine
Programming Lead Emeritus

#6 Post by tzlaine »

Smelled fishy. "She" is banned.

utilae
Cosmic Dragon

#7 Post by utilae »

Geoff the Medio wrote:This is probably a spam post...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Ca ... gle+Search
Lol, I doubt it. It is a pretty common phrase.
You go look at each of those threads and they have a different story to the question.