FreeOrion
http://www.freeorion.org/forum/

Coconut-carrying octopus
http://www.freeorion.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4096
Page 1 of 1

Author:  MikkoM [ Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Coconut-carrying octopus

There has been much talk about this lately:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DoWdHOtlrk&feature=player_embedded#

Scary things those octopuses. In the Trith topic there was already some talk about them having quite similar eyes as we humans have, and now they have portable houses too. What’s next? Land vehicles and weapons? :shock: Our days as the dominant species here on Earth might be numbered. :wink:

Author:  pd [ Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Coconut-carrying octopus

I love those creatures. If they seem scary, it's just because they are so different. Take a closer look and familiarize yourself with them, they are absolutely stunning and beautiful.

Author:  MikkoM [ Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Coconut-carrying octopus

Yes, they are quite interesting and have very nice abilities too, like the ability to eject ink and change colour for example.

That scary part of my post was mostly aimed to create drama together with the sentences that follow, where I predict octopuses conquering the world. This whole exaggerating was intended to be a bit of a joke (although maybe not a very good one).

Author:  eleazar [ Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Coconut-carrying octopus

I saw on a nature show similar behavior, except instead of a coconut, the octopus was carrying a glass bottle.

Pretty cool.

Author:  Josh [ Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Coconut-carrying octopus

Hey cute. I love how we don't even need to travel to outer space to find truly alien life forms.

Ever seen a blobfish?

Author:  cnewgent [ Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Coconut-carrying octopus

MikkoM wrote:
Scary things those octopuses. In the Trith topic there was already some talk about them having quite similar eyes as we humans have, and now they have portable houses too. What’s next? Land vehicles and weapons? :shock: Our days as the dominant species here on Earth might be numbered. :wink:


Well probably. Coming from Alabama there is one thing I know for sure. If they live in mobile homes, guns and ammo aren't far behind. I wonder if they like Lynyrd Skynyrd?

Author:  Vezzra [ Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Coconut-carrying octopus

You are aware that you just necromanced an over six year old thread, right? None of the people above are around anymore... ;)

Author:  AndrewW [ Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Coconut-carrying octopus

Vezzra wrote:
You are aware that you just necromanced an over six year old thread, right? None of the people above are around anymore... ;)


Just need a Xenoresurrection Lab.

Author:  Vezzra [ Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Coconut-carrying octopus

AndrewW wrote:
Just need a Xenoresurrection Lab.
I sincerely hope that their current condition isn't that bad... :shock:

:lol:

Author:  cnewgent [ Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Coconut-carrying octopus

Vezzra wrote:
You are aware that you just necromanced an over six year old thread, right? None of the people above are around anymore... ;)


I thought the audience was a bit stiff.....

Author:  MikkoM [ Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Coconut-carrying octopus

cnewgent wrote:
MikkoM wrote:
Scary things those octopuses. In the Trith topic there was already some talk about them having quite similar eyes as we humans have, and now they have portable houses too. What’s next? Land vehicles and weapons? :shock: Our days as the dominant species here on Earth might be numbered. :wink:


Well probably. Coming from Alabama there is one thing I know for sure. If they live in mobile homes, guns and ammo aren't far behind. I wonder if they like Lynyrd Skynyrd?


:D

Vezzra wrote:
You are aware that you just necromanced an over six year old thread, right? None of the people above are around anymore... ;)


Some of us might still haunt these forums hoping to someday fulfil our promise to the king of space 4X games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Men_of_Dunharrow

:shock:

Author:  Vezzra [ Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Coconut-carrying octopus

MikkoM wrote:
Some of us might still haunt these forums hoping to someday fulfil our promise to the king of space 4X games.
You know, if you feel like being under a curse because you abandoned the project, you're always welcome to rejoin the fun. I'm sure Geoff (as the current heir to the project lead throne) is willing to lift the curse after some helpful contributions... :mrgreen:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/