Downloadable Pedia

Talk about anything and everything related or unrelated to the FreeOrion project, especially Strategy Games.

Moderator: Oberlus

Naman Dixit
Space Krill

Downloadable Pedia

#1 Post by Naman Dixit »

I was thinking of writing a novel (go on, laugh) based in the FreeOrion universe. Can someone provide the entire text in Pedia as a plain text file?

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: Downloadable Pedia

#2 Post by eleazar »

All the game's text in in the string tables. Navigate into the game, and look in:
default/stringtables/ for the language of your choice.

Just note that the text can be used according to this license: Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported

Naman Dixit
Space Krill

#3 Post by Naman Dixit »

Thanks
eleazar wrote: Just note that the text can be used according to this license: Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
I know about that, not using CC will be heresy :).
Thanks again.

Revlot
Space Floater

#4 Post by Revlot »

Sure would be great to have the pedia as an app in my phone for easy reference and studying while I'm away from my computer.

EDIT:
I found Python3 app for Win8 Phone, and wondered how hard the script would be to display the Pedia. It's probably pages of code, but for all I know it may be only a dozen lines.
I understand that this is a work in progress and that my comments here are just comments and NOT requests for immediate code fixes.
Thank you for the work done so far - please continue with whatever part of the game you are currently working on.