FreeOrion

Forums for the FreeOrion project
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: 0.4.7 preparations
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:50 am 
Programmer

Ack, in following up on that trooper issue it looks like I am also now seeing a third issue that had also been reported in that thread, of the AI building half-strength troopers; I had initially just chalked that up to the AI not having better options available, but I am seeing the same thing happening now in a case where the AI clearly has better options (including Ugmors). I don't immediately see the cause, and it is pretty late night my time, I think I'll need to ask for some more time to get this in for RC2-- perhaps half a day to a day. I will open an issue.

Post subject: Re: 0.4.7 preparations
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:31 am 
Programmer and Packager

To give enough time to address the remaining critical issues, I decided to extend the deadline for RC2 until Monday, April 24th 5pm UTC. That's more than has been requested and probably more than needed, but I think we shouldn't rush things. So relax and take the time needed to check and test things thoroughly. :D

As there have been quite a lot of fixes gone into the release branch, I think we should give testing RC2 at least a week, so I also postponed declaring the release until May 1st.

The release checklist issue has been updated accordingly.