Great work!

Discussion about the project in general, organization, website, or any other details that aren't directly about the game.
Gornova
Space Krill

Great work!

#1 Post by Gornova »

Hi!
I'm from Italy and i love too much Moo2 .. and FreeOrion 2 :D

My question, i'm new on this forum is: it is possibile to tell a story in master of orion.
I will explain.
It is possibile to do some events (a research of a new tecnology that starts another race to talk with the player, when a ship go to a particular system, etc..)?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Great work!

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Gornova wrote:It is possibile to do some events (a research of a new tecnology that starts another race to talk with the player, when a ship go to a particular system, etc..)?
Are you asking about modding MOO2, or content creation / scripting for FreeOrion? If the latter, do you mean is it possible now, or will it ever be possible?

Zanzibar
Psionic Snowflake

#3 Post by Zanzibar »

Hate to dissapoint you, but there is no "Free Orion 2".

Sandlapper
Dyson Forest

#4 Post by Sandlapper »

I think the question is whether there is a current ability to communicate with other races, during gameplay. If so, what tech must be researched to do so.

Or, the ability to create\program this process within the game?

Be aware, Gornova, that this game is still early in it's development, and has much more work to be done to it, yet. You may want to check out the development road map for details of future releases.

utilae
Cosmic Dragon

#5 Post by utilae »

Gornova wrote: My question, i'm new on this forum is: it is possibile to tell a story in master of orion.
I will explain.
It is possibile to do some events (a research of a new tecnology that starts another race to talk with the player, when a ship go to a particular system, etc..)?
No, not currently.

Gornova
Space Krill

#6 Post by Gornova »

thanks for reply to all :D (and thanks for patience for my bad english)

my idea is a sort of-story-driven freeOrion game, with a campaign mode, where users can (by an xml file, or so..) write down specific scenario (galaxy size, stars, system, races) and then use freeorion as engine for this :D

i know, it's too much for freeorion that is in developement.. :D

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#7 Post by eleazar »

Gornova wrote:my idea is a sort of-story-driven freeOrion game, with a campaign mode, where users can (by an xml file, or so..) write down specific scenario (galaxy size, stars, system, races) and then use freeorion as engine for this :D
Yes, we intend to include a "campaign mode" similar to what you describe, but i don't think FreeOrion currently any part of that feature implemented.