v0.4.2 soon?

Discussion about the project in general, organization, website, or any other details that aren't directly about the game.
Zireael
Space Dragon

Re: v0.4.2 soon?

#31 Post by Zireael »

I'm waiting for Monday's build, I skipped on 5574 or whatever last Monday's build was. Were the shield changes (300/600/900) committed?

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#32 Post by Dilvish »

Zireael wrote:I'm waiting for Monday's build, I skipped on 5574 or whatever last Monday's build was. Were the shield changes (300/600/900) committed?
Not that high, but it does have significantly augmented defense & shield tech.

I think it's still missing some shield-regen tech (it does have augmented defense-regen tech).
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#33 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Dilvish wrote:I think it's still missing some shield-regen tech
There is construction-dependent shield regeneration in the existing barrier shield tech effects.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#34 Post by Dilvish »

Geoff the Medio wrote:There is construction-dependent shield regeneration in the existing barrier shield tech effects.
Ah ok. It was the text descriptions like "Increases max Shields on planets by 60 plus the value of the planets' infrastructure, cumulative with other shield boosts" that had thrown me off a bit, hadn't realized the infrastructure part was meaning regen.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Geoff the Medio

#35 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Dilvish wrote:...hadn't realized the infrastructure part was meaning regen.
It wasn't, but that's because I appear to have forgotten to update the earlier iteration of the description text to properly reflect what the tech actually does.

Regardless, the current organization with regen and max boosts in the same techs for shields is quite arbitrary. They could be separated as with the defense meter boosting techs if you / anyone things that would be better.

qsswin
Pupating Mass

#36 Post by qsswin »

Are there any significant features missing for 0.4.2? Ghosts seem to be gone and there are no seriously pressing issues to take care of now (although there is some balancing work, maybe that will need to get done first.)

Geoff the Medio

#37 Post by Geoff the Medio »

qsswin wrote:Are there any significant features missing for 0.4.2?
I think eleazar has a bunch of content changes that aren't committed yet. There are also some other posted content patches (Sloth's in particular) he hasn't been able to deal with yet.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#38 Post by eleazar »

Geoff the Medio wrote:I think eleazar has a bunch of content changes that aren't committed yet.
As of revision 5647 Industry and research descriptions and values still need to be fixed.
Geoff the Medio wrote:There are also some other posted content patches (Sloth's in particular) he hasn't been able to deal with yet.
Can i get some help with that-- a post linking to all the uncommitted patches?

For the future we probably need a better system to prevent stuff getting lost in the forums.

Sloth
Content Scripter

#39 Post by Sloth »

eleazar wrote:
Geoff the Medio wrote:There are also some other posted content patches (Sloth's in particular) he hasn't been able to deal with yet.
Can i get some help with that-- a post linking to all the uncommitted patches?

For the future we probably need a better system to prevent stuff getting lost in the forums.
Here is a list of links to uncommitted patches:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6943&start=19
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7149
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5721
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4671
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7039&start=15
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6959&start=25
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6959&start=28
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7139&start=28
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5733&start=174

EDIT: If some patches cause conflicts i can update them.
All released under the GNU GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licences.

eleazar

#40 Post by eleazar »

For the record, i've dealt with all the patches i'm aware of except for the stealth ones which i pushed in BigJoe's direction, in hopes i won't have to figure out that part of FO's script too soon.

What remains for me are the revisions to the research/industry effects and descriptions which are a mess.

eleazar

#41 Post by eleazar »

If there are still unapplied content patches, please link me to them. I believe the ones a few posts previous have been taken care of.

If there are ship hull/parts patches, don't wait for my OK on them, others have been following that area of the game more closely. Probably Dilvish should actually apply such patches, so he can release whatever necessarily modifications to the AI at the same time.

Sloth
Content Scripter

#42 Post by Sloth »

eleazar wrote:If there are still unapplied content patches, please link me to them. I believe the ones a few posts previous have been taken care of.
Patch by qsswin:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7153&start=12

My patches:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7178 (some parts are no longer necessary because of the Production updates)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1044&start=373
All released under the GNU GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licences.

Sloth
Content Scripter

#43 Post by Sloth »

Sloth wrote:
eleazar wrote:If there are still unapplied content patches, please link me to them. I believe the ones a few posts previous have been taken care of.
Patch by qsswin:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7153&start=12

My patches:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7178 (some parts are no longer necessary because of the Production updates)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1044&start=373
You have commited qsswin's patch after he pointed you towards it again. Can you take a look at my patches too? I can clean the first one if you want.