Repository inaccessible!

Discussion about the project in general, organization, website, or any other details that aren't directly about the game.
Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Repository inaccessible!

#16 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Vezzra wrote:...I'd need admin rights for the FreeOrion project on SF for that (at least temporarily).
You should have them now...

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#17 Post by Vezzra »

Funny.

I just loaded the dumpfile into a new repo at mountpoint "restore", successfully tested it and then wanted to proceed with renaming the repo at "code" to "backup", and "restore" to "code", when I realized that I can rename the label of the repos, but not the mountpoints itself - grrr. Ok, annoying, but not that big of a problem. So I decided, having a working backup repo at "restore" now, to kill the repo at code, recreate it and just repeat the procedure.

Before I began with that, I checked the repo browser pages of both repos on the project homepage, and imagine my surprise when suddenly commits began to show up in the "code" repo?!?! After several refreshes of the page it became clear that someone was restoring the repo - apparently the SF stuff finally did get around to repair our repo. Of course I stopped my attempts at repairing when I saw this, I'm now waiting for the restore to complete (it's still in progress at the time of this post, currently at r6054).

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#18 Post by Vezzra »

Yep, that's definitely the SF staff repairing our repo. The repo is now back online and at revision 8019, the ticket has been closed.

That means, we have our repo back and can resume normal operation. :D

As the "restore" repo isn't needed anymore, I deleted it (to avoid confusion, being a exact clone it has the same uuid). In case of emergency we still have my backup in the freeorion-backup project I created.