Please post git/github procedure topics to dedicated thread!

Discussion about the project in general, organization, website, or any other details that aren't directly about the game.
Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Please post git/github procedure topics to dedicated thread!

#1 Post by Vezzra »

Many of us are still new to git/github, and very understandably have many questions. There are also all kinds of questions regarding procedure/policies we haven't decided upon, and which of course frequently pop up.

I think it will help if we try to keep all these questions in a single thread instead of having them laying around scattered in numerous other threads, where they are more or less not really on topic, which is why I created the The Git/GitHub Questions, Answers and Howto Thread.

Please use this thread for its intended purpose, and try to keep the other threads clean of these questions/topics. That will help keeping things organized and reduce the clutter. I've repeatedly been observing questions on git/github practices/procedures/policies posted in threads where they don't really belong, please try to avoid that. I can't keep combing the forums for these stray posts and move them all to the git/github thread. I'll do that occasionally if I stumble accross some of them and it's not too much of a hassle to do the cleanup, but of course it's a big help if everyone puts them directly in the right place. ;)

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Please post git/github procedure topics to dedicated thr

#2 Post by MatGB »

Sorry, I got mixed up and used the wrong thread…
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Please post git/github procedure topics to dedicated thr

#3 Post by Vezzra »

MatGB wrote:Sorry, I got mixed up and used the wrong thread…
No problem, have to remind myself frequently... ;)