I've to admit I'm not familiar with this policy card concept. Can you elaborate? Just a brief, basic explanation to get an idea what it is about.
Every empire can pick two:
- +1 target population on all planets
- Terraforming times / costs reduced 50%
- +4 target population on the 5 planets closest to the capital
- +4 target population on the homeworld of a species for that species
- +1 target population per native populated planet within an empire's supply network
- -5 target population on planets with a species other than that on an empire's homeworld
Some are better than others, some are situational, some have negative effects, each is unlocked by a tech or sime other condition. Empires can choose some number to activate and can change which are actives at some times or at some influence cost. Negative effects are OK since cards are optional to use. Many varied cards are unlocked but each only takes efect while chosen.