Suggestion: sleepy gamer check

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

godel
Space Dragon

Suggestion: sleepy gamer check

#1 Post by godel »

In a sense maybe we don't deserve this.
But you and your team have given us many checks and aids.
This would be a double check that I have found I need sometimes.
I understand if you don't want to do this.

The idea is that if you have tech or manufacturing left undone that you can do, that a Really? note would pop up to double check if you wanted to go to the next turn when you hit the next turn button.

Advanced version: have the person dropped into the screen (research or manufacturing) that is lacking and only accept a next turn from there.

UrshMost
Space Kraken

Re: Suggestion: sleepy gamer check

#2 Post by UrshMost »

If this existed and there was not a way to turn it off I would really not like it. It's not uncommon for me to have some system temporarily blocked and the lost production is of little consequence and/or I know the block will be cleared soon for one reason or another. Similarly with research, towards the end of the game there are things I just don't want to spend research points on, evil techs and what not. :)
Windows 10 64bit, AMD 8 Core, 16 GB
Nvidia GTX 670 @ 3240x1920
FreeOrion Build: Latest Windows Test Build

godel
Space Dragon

#3 Post by godel »

Yes, have it optional.
Have it ignore blocked systems, maybe? Or any time less than some maybe settable threshold is not exceeded?

godel
Space Dragon

#4 Post by godel »

Frankly, I am leaning to asking for a button of undone tasks. Put the gas giant nag in that. Put the good planets to colonize with present mix of colonizable races in that. Put the outposted but not colonized planets in that.