suggeston: sensible planet evaluations

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

godel
Space Dragon

suggeston: sensible planet evaluations

#1 Post by godel »

Lets say that I have conquered at least one other race that has different planet likes and can colonize.
Then I go to a system and get quick notes on the planet. Good says one. Poor says another.
But these notes are for the original race. They have little or no relevance for my current situation.

Suggestion: update notes for current situation.
I understand that this might take some time to code.

This is based on the september Windows release. I have just aquired the latest win build and may want to update this sometime.

Cpeosphoros
Space Kraken

Re: suggeston: sensible planet evaluations

#2 Post by Cpeosphoros »

Those evaluations are given for the species which originally built the outpost or colony ship.

If you right click on a planet, though, you'll get an option to see a Planet Survey, a Pedia dynamic entry which shows an evaluation for all your colonizer species.
All contributions are released under GPL or LGPL v2 or later, or under appropriate Creative Commons licence, consistent with project guidelines.

godel
Space Dragon

#3 Post by godel »

OK I do know about the planet survey.
Why post obsolete data in the face of the player?

spikethehobbit
Space Squid

#4 Post by spikethehobbit »

The info isn't obsolete. It shows the status for the currently selected colonizer, which is the most relevant info to show.
All contributions are submitted under GPL or LGPL v2 or later, or under appropriate Creative Commons licence, consistent with project guidlines.