Scouting reports

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

Gargamel
Space Floater

Scouting reports

#1 Post by Gargamel »

New entry into the Sitrep window. Anytime a scout ship (or any ship really, or scanners in general) discover a planet that is "good" hability, or has a special, it should generate a sitrep report entry. "Planet XYZ is habitable". Or "System JKL contains MNO special".

It might be just me, but after the disocovered area starts to grow, I quit following the scouts as they uncover stuff. Having some feedback as to when they find useful stuff would be nice.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Scouting reports

#2 Post by Dilvish »

one of the fun (and handy!) things we did a year or two ago was facilitate customized sitreps. Edit the file
default/customizations/custom_sitreps.txt

It has some examples in there already, and more detailed info can be found here.

I'm not sure there would be quite enough support right now to only trigger things when you first discover them, but you could just dismiss them once you've viewed each one (block the particular one, not filter all of them of the same type).
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0