Why were the krill bioweapons removed?

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

Tualha
Space Floater

Why were the krill bioweapons removed?

#1 Post by Tualha »

I noticed a pleasing symmetry in 0.4.6, present since commit e0838e9 (Dec 2015): krakens attack lithics, juggernauts attack robotics, snowflakes attack organics, and krill attack phototrophics, with the most mature forms having the strong weapon and the almost-mature ones having the weak weapon. However, in commit 263dc73 (Nov 2016) the krill bioweapons were removed in favor of fighter bays. Was this discussed? I don’t see anything in the forums where this was decided.

Is there perhaps a plan for a fourth type of nest monster that would attack phototrophics instead? That could be interesting. I think krill made good sense for the monsters that could blot out the sun with their numbers, though.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Why were the krill bioweapons removed?

#2 Post by MatGB »

They were always meant to have fighter bays but I may have inadvertently removed the bioweapons. I think I replaced all the weapons they had but should have merely replaced the ranged weapons. There's no balance reason why they can't have both and probably should.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.