New/old races

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

D Coid
Space Krill

New/old races

#1 Post by D Coid »

Here is a couple of new races for suggestion, forgive me if i am out of context because i have not read much on this project.

1) Will the races from Moo/moo2 that were killed for being cheezy by rantz be reinstated?

2) How about a plant based race

3) How about a nano based race that thinks collectivally and can form to provide structures

4) An antimatter based race that could have limitations in a matter galaxy, (limited to one star system) but will have anothe x planets opened to it when dimensional porthole is invented.

5) Tribbles - got to have a race of them

6) Lawyers - Love to steller convert them

utilae
Cosmic Dragon

#2 Post by utilae »

This game is going to be different to master of orion 1, 2 and 3. You won't find any of those races in this game. We plan on having brand new ones.

Look in the races section of this forum. I have posted a plant race and a nano race in there, so look in one of the threads to see. :lol:

Welcome to the forums. :lol:

Pembroke
Space Floater

#3 Post by Pembroke »

There's also the copyright issue.

Obviously you can use Humans but beyond that any race from the MOO series will simply land you in trouble.

Of course, that's only a concern for the distributable FreeOrion version. As its races will be moddable nothing prevents you from changing the races to whatever you wish and/or from adding new ones. It's entirely your own private business what you do with the game in your own computer. :)

krum
Creative Contributor

#4 Post by krum »

Hey, nice to see you here. The other already answered you, just to say hi :)

D Coid
Space Krill

Good to see you to han_krum

#5 Post by D Coid »

Any more Moo3 delphi forum legends here?

krum
Creative Contributor

#6 Post by krum »

None of those that frequent here. But there are some ppl that did come occasionaly there, IIRC.