Objects List profiles ?

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

flap
Space Floater

Objects List profiles ?

#1 Post by flap »

I might be beating a dead horse, but I find that the objects list is a wonderful tool to manage the empire.
Is it planned to be able to save list profiles profiles which would appear in the dropdown button ? (for example a profile to see your fleet, another to see your colonies, ...).

As a side note, is it planned for group of objects (fleets and systems) to consolidate some data (such as population, speed...) ?

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Objects List profiles ?

#2 Post by Dilvish »

flap wrote:Is it planned to be able to save list profiles profiles which would appear in the dropdown button ? (for example a profile to see your fleet, another to see your colonies, ...).
There are some general plans to support custom compound conditions, which I think is the most significant part of what would go into such a profile. No particular plans on when that would be implemented, though.
As a side note, is it planned for group of objects (fleets and systems) to consolidate some data (such as population, speed...) ?
If you mean, to select some group of objects in the objects list and then get a tally and/or average of some characteristic across the whole group, then I don't think we have any plans for that. If you meant something else please clarify the question.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

flap
Space Floater

#3 Post by flap »

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I think that's what you said :
I mean, in the objects list, it is possible to display the systems, and planets as branches. If I add the "population" column, each planet display correctly their population, but there is "0" for the system. While if the data was consolidated, it would display the total population of the planets contained in the system.

In the same way, the speed of a fleet would the smallest speed of the ships in contains.

I have just been on the GIT repository, and realise that the dev team is small.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#4 Post by Dilvish »

flap wrote:I mean, in the objects list, it is possible to display the systems, and planets as branches. If I add the "population" column, each planet display correctly their population, but there is "0" for the system. While if the data was consolidated, it would display the total population of the planets contained in the system.
Ah, I had thought you meant something a little different. This consolidation for preset types/groups would be simpler to implement; I'll try to keep it in mind.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

flap
Space Floater

#5 Post by flap »

Dilvish wrote:
flap wrote:Is it planned to be able to save list profiles profiles which would appear in the dropdown button ? (for example a profile to see your fleet, another to see your colonies, ...).
There are some general plans to support custom compound conditions, which I think is the most significant part of what would go into such a profile. No particular plans on when that would be implemented, though.
Such profiles could also specify the displayed columns and which one has been used for sorting.