Labelling ships upon entry in production queue?

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

AvdL
Space Krill

Labelling ships upon entry in production queue?

#1 Post by AvdL »

Playing in larger universes, many times I have made ships for particular tasks only to forget where they were supposed to go once production completed.

Scouring the systems to find where these ships were designed to go to is almost impossible.

Would there be a way to label a ship as soon as it ends up in the production queue? In this case naming a ship once it's been built would be too late.

I guess I'm not the only one to have run into this.

Thanks guys.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Labelling ships upon entry in production queue?

#2 Post by MatGB »

Yup, I would love something like this, even something simple like queuing a fleet name or similar would be brilliant. It's not as bad these days when any outpost ship can be used to claim any planet but even with 3 turns delay I forget, same with troop ships &c
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#3 Post by Vezzra »

Even better would be if we could queue orders for a production item which would get executed once the item is finished (obviously only applicable to ships).

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#4 Post by defaultuser »

I used to really have a problem under the old colonization rules because the colony ships took a long time to build. I'd have a colony ship complete, and wouldn't remember where it was supposed to go. I would sometimes have a "build list" in a text editor with where colony ships were being built and their destination.

AvdL
Space Krill

#5 Post by AvdL »

Yes, a short command queue to be executed as soon as production is complete.

Might include aggression mode (hide or attack all enemies) and a location to move to.

The SitRep would then - later on- give arrival info and the player can take it manually from there.

This would be a nice addition.

Thanks.