Winning conditions

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

11TP
Space Krill

Winning conditions

#1 Post by 11TP »

There is a lack of options about terms of winning in galaxy setup. I don't like winning by research. You know, 5000 systems, and 40 AI.

AndrewW
Juggernaut

Re: Winning conditions

#2 Post by AndrewW »

Easy to just ignore the win message from that and just keep playing for a sole survivor victory, or perhaps claim victory by defeating the experimenters.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by MatGB »

11TP wrote:There is a lack of options about terms of winning in galaxy setup. I don't like winning by research. You know, 5000 systems, and 40 AI.
It would be good if we can pick winning conditions (and also enable/refine the Experimentors) but as they all currently do nothing except tell you you've won it doesn't really matter.

There are 3 ways to trigger a Victory message: Tech, defeat all other players (ie destroy all ships and capture all colonies and outposts) or capture the Experimentor homeworld.

We have, deliberately, ramped up the amount of research needed to get the Transcendence victory significantly, and initial discussions started about refining it and making it more, well, interesting, but it's a lower priority for most of us. Conquest victory has been reworked recently (so that it actually works) and the Experimentors get tweaked regularly after feedback from players.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Bromstarzan
Dyson Forest

#4 Post by Bromstarzan »

It would be cute if one winning condition was "Universal peace" :mrgreen:
Could eventually be achieved/inforced by combinations of force/diplomacy/trading etc. (I know, a lot is just placeholders...) :wink:
| i7 7700K [email protected] | GTX 1080 Ti | RAM: 32GB | PSU: 750w | W10 x64 | 2xAcer1920x1080 |

Krikkitone
Creative Contributor

#5 Post by Krikkitone »

Bromstarzan wrote:It would be cute if one winning condition was "Universal peace" :mrgreen:
Could eventually be achieved/inforced by combinations of force/diplomacy/trading etc. (I know, a lot is just placeholders...) :wink:
I think that would be better as a subset of 'Conquest'
Allow 2 players to merge their empires (in some highly expensive, balanced way)
Then if the last 2 surviving players merge, they win.
Essentially allow 'mutual diplomatic conquest'