Kruge

Species suggestions, story ideas and contributions.
Obiwan
Graphics Lead Emeritus

Kruge

#1 Post by Obiwan »

StratCaster wrote here viewtopic.php?t=11&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
Kruge - (Kr-ew-j)
Description: Doglike bipeds, long arms, hind-like legs.
Reason to expand into space: The thrill of the hunt
Homeworld: Jungle Planet
Attribs: Skillful fighters, excellent hunters(farming)
Soc Struct: Monarchy of 'noble' packs with one (usually female) leader. It is common to have the leadership challenged and is socially exceptable. It is seen as a way to protect the pack, having the strongest leader. Strength, cunning and honor is their way.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Pretty nice.

Kind of reminds me of Sabrewulf from Killer Instinct

http://darksamurai.50megs.com/wulf.html

Have you tried some variations in colour / fur markings? Wolf-like?

Or perhaps dalmatian?

The Silent One
Graphics

#3 Post by The Silent One »

Great! I only have an unimportant remark concerning his (gender?) leg anatomy: the front muscles of his legs should be smaller, while the back muscles should be larger. That is because they are used to propel the body and because they support the erect postition of the body against gravity. - - The lower leg looks good to me, but close to the knee the front of the upper leg seems to be too strong imo.
Apart from that, the massive neck, broad shoulders and enormous pectoral muscles give him an agressive look. Well done! - What I would like to see about him is an intimidating set of teeth...

Obiwan
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by Obiwan »

I cant claim any credit for this figure, its a Sixus1 character. A favorite of mine and just seamed to fit the description of the Kruge perfectly.

Interesting point about the leg. I had a look at our pet dogs and it is very true. Never thought of that before.

The texture map seams pretty strait forward so all sorts things could be possible. The dalmation look would be kinda funny and useful for destinguishing leaders from one anether.

If anyone else has Poser, I fully recomened checking out Sixus1 his charecters are an exellant starting point aliens .

Impaler
Creative Contributor

#5 Post by Impaler »

Their a bit too Humanoid for me (no suprise their). I like the whole "wolf pack" social structure but I have some ideas for a more alien apearance.

I got a bit inspired by thouse sonic attack Dogs in Half life and thought something along thouse lines would be nice. So they would be "tripedal", 2 front arms and 1 very powerfull hind leg that ends in a muscular clawed mit much like baseball glove, the grip with this is incredibly and they can easily hang upsidedown from it or hold onto strugaling prey. Insted of a wolf like head they just have a large circular maw lined with inwardly poininting teeth like the mouth of a lampray, beedy yellow eyes are distributed around the mouth and large ears project from the area of the shoulders.
Fear is the Mind Killer - Frank Herbert -Dune

Obiwan
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#6 Post by Obiwan »

Wow thats quite a picture youve painted there. The beasties in HL were very cool.

StratCaster
Space Kraken

#7 Post by StratCaster »

that's great!!

I deleted my post because I thought I had to have more background on submitted races... I just never got around to writing anything more about them...

Is the nose elongatable?

Although I agree with other posts now that I see a pic. Something more alien would probably be more believeable... the snout is a must, but maybe different eyes? or ears... something to make it not so...earth-like.

any suggestions?
"The mighty warships of the Vl'Hurg Empire dived screaming upon the unknowing Earth, where due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog." -Hitchhikers Guide

StratCaster
Space Kraken

#8 Post by StratCaster »

Impaler wrote:beedy yellow eyes are distributed around the mouth...
I like the beedy eyes bit. Maybe even Shark-ish...ghastly without visible pupils that roll back into the skull when munching on some poor helpless prey/or person(s). Not sure about distributing them around the mouth...I'd have to see it...
"The mighty warships of the Vl'Hurg Empire dived screaming upon the unknowing Earth, where due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog." -Hitchhikers Guide