New SDKs & transition to C++11

Programmers discuss here anything related to FreeOrion programming. Primarily for the developers to discuss.

Moderator: Committer

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: New SDKs & transition to C++11

#31 Post by Vezzra »

adrian_broher wrote:You download the new SDK artifact with an updated configuration as soon as this build is ready
Sorry for the delayed feedback, first I managed to somehow miss your forum post, then the flu decided to show up and pay me a visit.

Today I've been able to get up a bit so I could run a quick test with this new version of the SDK. The problem with the python.exe is fixed now, I can build and run FO with the SDK package I downloaded. Only the libpython.py is still there.

Regarding the other stuff (updating Wiki pages, SDK threads on the forum, "retiring" SDK folder on sourceforge): I'll get to that once I'm able to function better again, then I'll take care of anything you might have missed/not taken care of already.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: New SDKs & transition to C++11

#32 Post by Vezzra »

Vezzra wrote:Regarding the other stuff (updating Wiki pages, SDK threads on the forum, "retiring" SDK folder on sourceforge): I'll get to that once I'm able to function better again, then I'll take care of anything you might have missed/not taken care of already.
Ok, all done.

So, as far as I can see, all that's left is to put in a last fix to prevent that libpython.py module from being included into the SDK and then create the v4 tag.

One thing I noticed is that the tag marking the commit from which on the new v3 SDK has to be used shows up on the "Releases" page of the main repo. While that's not a big issue, it's kind of annoying - can't we tell github somehow which tags should show up there? I mean, there is the separate "Tags" page anyway, showing all tags there is perfectly fine, but on the "Release" page only release related tags should be shown... but that's probably something you can't do anything about.