Combat Module

Programmers discuss here anything related to FreeOrion programming. Primarily for the developers to discuss.

Moderator: Committer

jbarcz1
Creative Contributor

Combat Module

#1 Post by jbarcz1 »

What is the status of the V0.1 combat module? It doesn't appear in our source tree and there's no references to it in the code that I have seen aside from forward declarations. Has anybody started work on it yet? If not, I volunteer to do it, unless somebody has something more pressing they could use my help on. I've been kindof sitting idle lately because Empire is fully coded, and probably wont need any more changes till we start integrating the app and putting the game logic together.
Empire Team Lead

Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

#2 Post by Tyreth »

As far as I'm aware, no-one has done this. It appears though that mr_ed is in charge of the combat group, so you might want to chat with him.

OceanMachine
Pupating Mass

#3 Post by OceanMachine »

Tyreth is correct on that. It's not too big a worry as it will be fairly trivial for now. It will take in lists of fleets, run a simple algorithm on them, and spit out some results. But it would still be nice to start seeing some code for this. Hopefully Jeramy will drop in here to give an update...
Programming Lead

Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by Tyreth »

If you are still looking for stuff to do, you could check out the thread of tasks to do, otherwise you could help me with some of the menu UI if tsev or tzlaine don't want to grab you for what they're doing.

tsev
Space Kraken

#5 Post by tsev »

We need to figure out where Orders go once they are generated by the UI, and then code it. The Empire module might be the best place for this. ...see this thread:
http://www.artclusta.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=127
FreeOrion Programmer