I think there's an issue with 3+ Resource Groups

Programmers discuss here anything related to FreeOrion programming. Primarily for the developers to discuss.

Moderator: Committer

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

I think there's an issue with 3+ Resource Groups

#1 Post by Dilvish »

I'm playing a game now (as Egassem) where my empire is not well connected (& it will take me quite a while to get enough tech, or other colonizer species, to connect it up); I have 3 resource groups & it seems that the production tally is not being done right. My home group (capital and one other system with one planet) has production of 16.9+10.5 = 27.4 I have another solitary system with production of 18.7, and a third solitary system with production of 2.94. The totals at top of screen and on production page, though, read "46.2" which looks like just the first two plus rounding. My third group cannot make ships & that PP is just getting wasted. It would still get wasted anyways even if the tally should the right number, but the incorrect readout is still bothersome. I'll look into it more, but wanted to post here in case I'm misunderstanding something that could be pointed out.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: I think there's an issue with 3+ Resource Groups

#2 Post by Dilvish »

Hmm, well I just added a "SuperTester Takeover" to the production queue form the spot that wasn't getting its number into the tally, and then deleted it from the queue, and now the tally shows correctly. I didn't catch if the update was done when I added the item or when I deleted it. It does make it seem like even more minor of an issue, so I dunno if I'll chase it down; something to keep in mind at least if any of us are poking at that code again.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#3 Post by Vezzra »

Dilvish wrote:I dunno if I'll chase it down; something to keep in mind at least if any of us are poking at that code again.
Then maybe commit an entry to the bug tracker. Issues only reported on the forums that don't get handled immediately have a tendency to get lost... ;)

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

There are intermittent reports of crashes related to moving things and deleting things on the queue, and I've occasionally seen what looks like wrong time estimates for some stuff on queues that fix themselves after somethign changes on the queue, but it seems rare or isn't easily reproducible... Might be related problems.