FSM Assertions

Programmers discuss here anything related to FreeOrion programming. Primarily for the developers to discuss.

Moderator: Committer

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: FSM Assertions

#31 Post by Dilvish »

I no longer get the error if I just close out the main menu screen, but if I start up a game and close it out without going back to the main menu, then I still get the error message.
Nagilum wrote:Confirmed. With svn6891 I don't see the assertion any more. :)
Naglium, was that just from the main menu, or did you also try quitting after a game is started?
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

cami
Space Dragon

#32 Post by cami »

Still happens for me when I close the client directly from the game. I think we only fixed it when exiting from the intro menu. Here's the patch I used to catch the cast error in gdb.
Attachments

[The extension patch has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Yesterday, we were still on the brink. Fortunately, today we have come one step further.

Nagilum
Release Manager, Design

#33 Post by Nagilum »

Dilvish wrote:I no longer get the error if I just close out the main menu screen, but if I start up a game and close it out without going back to the main menu, then I still get the error message.
Nagilum wrote:Confirmed. With svn6891 I don't see the assertion any more. :)
Naglium, was that just from the main menu, or did you also try quitting after a game is started?
Just quitting from the main menu.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#34 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Attached is a patch that moves more / all Client() accessing out of human client FSM state destructors. Does this help with the assertion when closing while playing a game, and does it cause any other apparent problems, like various windows not appearing / hiding when they should when moving between screens / games / menus / etc?
Attachments

[The extension patch has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Geoff the Medio

#35 Post by Geoff the Medio »

bump?

Nagilum
Release Manager, Design

#36 Post by Nagilum »

I haven't seen any assertion failures with recent versions so I can't test this patch.

Geoff the Medio

#37 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Nagilum wrote:I haven't seen any assertion failures with recent versions...
Have you tried closing the window from within a game / on the map, and not just from the intro screen menu?

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#38 Post by Dilvish »

hmm, I dunno what's up, but I can no longer replicate the assertion problem with the main svn build, trying both release and debug builds, and whether quitting from initial menu, at first into a game at the map, or after having played a turn.

The patch did not appear to cause me any problems anyway, though I did not test it extensively.

Cami, would you please double check your status on this, since it seemed you were the other person besides me still getting the assertion errors.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0