MacOsX Version issues

Programmers discuss here anything related to FreeOrion programming. Primarily for the developers to discuss.

Moderator: Committer

tzlaine
Programming Lead Emeritus

Re: MacOsX Version issues

#166 Post by tzlaine »

Ok, patches to both GG and FO are checked in. Please update, rebuild, and tell me if I screwed anything up.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#167 Post by Geoff the Medio »

If everything tzlaine mentions in the previous post works fine, the current latest revision should be the next release. If an OSX binary / installer / package could be made for that version, it'd be good to have soon, to go with the release of v0.3.13.

Additionally, is the SDK linked in this post fully up to date? If not, could it be updated and reposted? I'd like to have it up on sourceforge as well, with the Windows SDK.

.Id
Space Squid

#168 Post by .Id »

One last patch attached to fix a change in header location. I went ahead and include last changes to the Xcode project.

Here is the OS X binary for Intel Macs made from patched Revision 3094. PowerPC is not compatible right now due to specific little endian requirements.

Here is the OS X SDK including the patched Revision 3094.

The split zip files can be combined via running of the "unpack" scripts, rezipped as one file, and uploaded to sourceforge.
Hopefully that's not too much of a bother, but the free hosting for files under 100M is most convenient for me right now.
Attachments
freeorion_macosx_0.3.13.patch.zip
minor patch to finalize OS X for v0.3.13
(5.03 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

tzlaine

#169 Post by tzlaine »

I've committed the patch, slightly modified to make chmain.cpp a little more clear.

.Id
Space Squid

#170 Post by .Id »

Ah, I see. That's better for now.
Thanks, guys.

Geoff the Medio

#171 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Linux and Win32 installers are up on sourceforge, made from approximately SVN 3103 for Linux and SVN 3904 for Win32, but the OSX binary is not.

tzlaine: Will you put up the OSX binary .Id provided? Also, will you put the the OSX SDK along side the Win32 SDK?
Last edited by Geoff the Medio on Wed May 27, 2009 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected SVN version info

tzlaine

#172 Post by tzlaine »

.Id wrote:One last patch attached to fix a change in header location. I went ahead and include last changes to the Xcode project.

Here is the OS X binary for Intel Macs made from patched Revision 3094. PowerPC is not compatible right now due to specific little endian requirements.

Here is the OS X SDK including the patched Revision 3094.

The split zip files can be combined via running of the "unpack" scripts, rezipped as one file, and uploaded to sourceforge.
Hopefully that's not too much of a bother, but the free hosting for files under 100M is most convenient for me right now.
Is there anything in your SDK other than a checkout of FreeOrion? After a cursory glance, I can't find anything you added.

Geoff the Medio

#173 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Geoff the Medio

#174 Post by Geoff the Medio »

.Id wrote:
jabyrd3 wrote:Have any of you guys bumped into this lib error yet?

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libexpat.1.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/.../Desktop/FreeOrion.app/Contents/MacOs/../SharedSupport/libgvc_builtins.dylib
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

I downloaded the FreeOrion 0.3.11 UB from sourceforge, and I started to get library errors. So I installed X11, and now i'm getting this expat.1.dylib error. I found a libexpat.1.0.dylib on my computer, but i couldn't find 1.0. Anybody mind pointing me to it, or perhaps giving me a hint?

Oh, btw, I'm running an old MBP, first hardware iteration with 10.4.

Update: Just downloaded the last version of the SDK you posted. Couldn't find any libexpat in it. Am I looking in the wrong place, or is this just a lib i should already have had?
I'm guessing 10.4 came with a different version of libexpat. I can probably distribute my library within the app bundle.

But before I change and re-upload, can you try temporarily copying (provided you're not overwriting anything) my version into /usr/lib
http://www.mediafire.com/file/h4zqimxj1 ... at.1.dylib

And tell me if any there's any subsequent errors?
Similar issues with v0.3.13 reported here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2756

Edit: And someone just posted a similar comment to this bug report on sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... tid=544942

.Id
Space Squid

#175 Post by .Id »

tzlaine wrote: Is there anything in your SDK other than a checkout of FreeOrion? After a cursory glance, I can't find anything you added.
There are things in the Xcode directory of the SDK that are not under version control. Mostly this includes all the dependency libraries one would need to compile their own FO.

Is that what you were looking for?

.Id
Space Squid

#176 Post by .Id »

Geoff the Medio wrote: What GiGi SVN revision was used?

.Id
Space Squid

#177 Post by .Id »

Geoff the Medio wrote: Similar issues with v0.3.13 reported here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2756
I responded there. The upload of the binary to sourceforge needs to be redone.
Geoff the Medio wrote: Edit: And someone just posted a similar comment to this bug report on sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... tid=544942
I can respond to this after the sourceforge 0.3.13 binary for mac gets fixed with the recommendation to use that. The old release that he's using definitely doesn't have a complete distribution of dependencies, which will cause problems for a lot of users.

Geoff the Medio

#178 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Another Mac-specific bug report: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... tid=544942

This one is mostly about fullscreen causing the program to hang.

.Id
Space Squid

#179 Post by .Id »

Geoff the Medio wrote:Another Mac-specific bug report: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... tid=544942

Ok. Working on it.

.Id
Space Squid

#180 Post by .Id »

Geoff the Medio wrote:Another Mac-specific bug report: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... tid=544942

Turns out to be either a bug or a feature in Ogre when using the Carbon framework.

https://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic ... 56&start=0
http://www.wreckedgames.com/forum/index ... 079.0.html

Unfortunately the proposed workaround solved the problem in a simple ogre demo/tutorial I used to recreate the problem, but not in FreeOrion.

Switching over to Cocoa sidesteps this, so I've included the patch I used to do this.
I don't think there will be any resulting problems from the change, but I'm still a newbie.
Attachments
OSXcocoa.patch.zip
Refactoring main routines in order to use Cocoa API for the Mac OS X build. Solves the fullscreen bug.
(7.51 KiB) Downloaded 94 times