It's that time again! This is the time in the release development cycle when I start saying "where are some graphics for us to use, dammit?"
Here's what we (the programmers) need:
- A re-worked planet view graphic; the current one looks good, but has no trade imagery
- A research screen UI design, including how the tech progression chart should look, and how the currently-researched items should look
- A production queue UI design, including any interface that may be needed on the SidePanel
- Rotating planet textures (someone may already be working on this, iirc)
- A SidePanel redesign, something like what has laready been done in the previous posts in this thread
For the SidePanel, we need to reflect the meters in the planet panels in the SidePanel; when you change focus now, you are just adjusting the max for a meter, and if you are adjusting the max upwards, it takes some time for the current meter value grow to reach the max. So we need to have a bar or something that shows where you are placing the max, and where the current value is, so that you can see where you are setting the production level for a certain resource compared to where the current production level is. I hope that's clear.
We need this stuff as soon as it can reasonably be done, because very soon (within the next few days) it will start to hold up development progress.