Firstly, thanks to everyone who has pointed me to various artists and locations to finding bits of the FreeOrion artwork.
I have however noticed that the graphics are scattered all over the place. For example,
- The artwork being used is found here, http://freeorion.sf.net/data.zip
- Some of the technology icons can be found here, http://www.freeorion.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1044
- I found some of the original sources for the category icons here, http://koti.mbnet.fi/~mystiqq/freeOrion ... llfive.zip
- There is a lot of good work which wasn't used is found here, http://www.freeorion.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1008
I think that a large amount of very good artwork is being lost. Comming from a project which lacks artists, I find this alarming.
Would it be possible to set up some type of media repository in which people could commit there works in progress, as well as final stuff. The idea would be that stuff would be commited to the repository and then discussed here in the forum as done previously.
If hardware, bandwidth or admin support is needed, I can provide them.
Hope this suggestion helps, any comments are welcome.
- A journey of a thousand parsec starts with a single step